The spring/summer issue of our Confluence newsletter is online, with stories about Oregon Sea Grant faculty and funded researchers who are working to understand how a changing climate will affect the region, and what coastal communities can do to adapt.
This issue explores:
- How coastal communities can tap into existing laws to manage their resources on a local level
- Water conservation and restoration strategies that might mitigate the effects of drought on agriculture, fisheries and recreation
- What those in the west coast shellfish industry understand about ocean acidification, how it affects their multimillion-dollar industry, and what they can do to adapt
- The role stakeholders can play in complex research, including a regional assessment of future water availability in the Willamette River basin
- Computer modeling efforts to predict rising sea levels will affect Oregon’s coastal estuaries