Advertising has been around for a very, very long time. People have been using it to expand their market reach, increase traffic to their business, and in return produce more customers. It is THE most effective tool in marketing, of course that is an opinion of mine and may be an argument for the rest of time. Nonetheless, advertising is extremely important in today’s world of business. To branch off of that, today’s world is completely different than it used to be, and advertising has evolved in so many ways. Nowadays, most advertising is done through online advertising. Although it makes advertising way easier than before, it brings issues and potential risks with it as well. Let’s dive into online advertising and see what we can find!
- One of the biggest risks that come with online advertising is privacy. The biggest thing with privacy is when businesses use someone’s personal information without the person’s permission.
- Another huge one is defamation. With today’s advertising, it can be very tempting for businesses to want to gain the rival companies customers.
- The last one I’ll cover is fraud. According to Google, it was revealed that 56% of all online ads are seen by a human. One way to combat this is do a lot of research on the advertisement group that you want to do business with!
Should we be worried?
Although it can be harmful to some, there are many things that can be done to help prevent some of these risk and hazards. I would rate the danger level at 2, based on a scale fro 1-5. There are some things that could be very harmful to your business, but with anything, you should do your research and make sure you are going to prepare your self as much as possible!
- Provide fair knowledge.
- They must respect people’s privacy.
- They must protect all of the people’s data.
- Don’t steal advertising copyrights from others.
- Stay up to date with the laws related to online advertising.