Writing Exercise #15

If I had the power as the head of a funding agency, then I would like to fund a project that seeks to prove the correlation between infection of H. pylori and the increased immunity against asthma and allergies. I have read a few articles this term in relation to this topic, but they were only able to say that it’s correlated. I would like to endorse a project that will ultimately be able to prove that the infection of H. pylori in childhood provides increased immunity of asthma and allergies.

I have had asthma and allergies for as long as I can remember and it is truly unfortunate. The feeling is pretty miserable because I either have difficulty breathing due to asthma or unable to even keep my eyes open due to allergies. If the results from the project are able to prove that the infection of H. pylori in early childhood would provide increased immunity towards the development of allergies and asthma, then it would have a global effect. Qualified healthcare professionals such as physicians could administer small amounts of H. pylori to children in order to prevent the development of allergies and asthma. If the children face adverse effects from the H. pylori such as gastritis, then H. pylori could be eradicated with antibiotics in conjunction with probiotics. I believe that this is very important because a world without allergies or asthma will ultimately improve the health and happiness of the people.