You can quit — for your health, your family and your future
Your PEBB benefits give you comprehensive support to quit through no-cost access to Quit for Life:
- Unlimited phone consultations with a trained quit coach who knows how tough it can be to quit and ways you can stay or get back on track
- Printed guides to help you plan and stick to a personalized quit program
- Private, online Web coaching
- Nicotine replacement therapy — patch or gum — sent right to your home
- Low-cost and no-cost coverage of prescribed medications to help you quit (buproprion and Chantix)
Many things may encourage you to quit.
Perhaps the most important are concerns about your health, your family’s health – even your pet’s health. Money concerns can be a motivator, too.
Beyond the cost of how much you pay for tobacco, think about how quitting can boost your monthly income and lower your health care costs:
- Beginning 2012, PEBB members who use tobacco have $25 deducted monthly from their pay to offset the known risks for health care costs they bring to their health plan. You can end the deduction when you quit (click here for the form to end the deduction).
- Beginning 2013, members who use tobacco will have higher rates for optional life insurance. They can get the lower non-tobacco rate when they don’t use tobacco for 12 months prior to the next Open Enrollment.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to quit, Call Quit for Life Today! 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (784-8454)* Or click here to enroll online.
*Kaiser Permanente Members: Call the “Talk With a Health Coach” service at 503-286-6816 or 1-866-301-3866 (toll free) and select option 2. They will guide you to your maximum benefits as a PEBB member in Kaiser Permanente.
For more information about the Quit For Life Program, visit their website.