“Never trust a thought you came upon sitting down.”
Earn a pair of orange shoelaces
Have a walking meeting and earn a pair of orange shoelaces. Click on the link above to fill out the form and then walk on over to Dixon Recreation Center, Rec Services desk to pick up your shoelaces during business hours. One pair per person please.
Earn a T-shirt
Participate in 10 walking meetings and earn a Be Well t-shirt! Continue to log walking meetings here. When you have logged 10 meetings you will be notified and eligible to pick up your shirt from the Dixon Recreation Services desk during business hours.
Move More Meetings
A walking meeting is just as easy to hold as a sitting meeting; but has many more benefits. Walking meetings offer:
- A chance to fit in some physical activity
- A different environment to inspire new ideas and creativity
- A change in group dynamics
- A opportunity to get some fresh air and re-energize
Walking Meeting tips
- Walking meetings work best with 2-5 people
- Walk at a comfortable pace for everyone and wear athletic shoes when possible
- Immediately following the walking meeting write down key points and tasks
- Keep a spare pair of walking shoes and socks at the office for spontaneous meetings
Move More Meeting Routes
You can have a walking meeting anywhere.
The Oregon State Campus offers plenty of opportunities for an enjoyable walking meeting. Possible Routes include
-Student Legacy Park track
-Indoor track at Dixon for RecSports members
- Need more ideas? Check out the maps below that the OSU Beaver Strides program uses for inspiration!
If you are off campus, you can create your own route using an online tool like mapmyrun.com