Sit Less, Move More is based on recent research that shows prolonged periods of sitting is hazardous to your health, even if you get the recommended 30 minutes of physical activity a day. The good news is, you can reduce the effects of too much sitting by including more physical activity throughout the day.
- Request a short presentation about Sit Less Move More.
- Take a 10-minute activity break.
- Have a walking meeting.
View the research:
- “Too Little Exercise and Too Much Sitting: Inactivity Physiology and the Need for New Recommendations on Sedentary Behavior“
- “Expert Underscores Health Risks of Sitting Still”
- “Leisure Time Spent Sitting in Relation to Total Mortality in a Prospective Cohort of US Adults”
- “Sitting time and mortality from all causes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.”