Your taste buds will love the flavor combinations of this simple, crunchy salad. An added benefit is that it will fill you up with lots of great nutrients- vitamin A, C, and zinc just to name a few- without adding extra calories! It makes a great snack, side salad, or add extra to your plate and make it a delicious and nutritious meal.
- 3 cups raw broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, chicken or turkey
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- In a large bowl mix together broccoli, carrot, celery, raisins, onion and meat.
- Mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.