If you like to roast turkeys and are often left wondering how to use up all of the leftovers, Foodhero.org has you covered! Add your favorite kinds of vegetables, a few delicious spices, and cooked brown rice and VOILA! A well balanced, oh-so-tasty meal!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Thin slices ginger root, minced1 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, fresh, frozen or canned, such as celery, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bok choy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add salt, ginger root, garlic, turkey and vegetables. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to prevent scorching. Add sugar.
- When vegetables are tender, remove pan from heat.
- If vegetables are firm, add 1-2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 2 more minutes or until tender. Serve over rice (or noodles).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
* For nutritional information, information about prep time, cooking time, and to adjust ingredients to particular serving sizes, please view this recipe on the Food Hero website here.