Skip navigation

Be Well.

Be Orange.

Food For Thought: Low-fat tartar sauce

March 4th, 2013

Food for Thought, brought to you by the Oregon State Student Health Services Dietician Lynn Cordes, MS, RD, LD.

Ahhh… spring time again! Where I come from that usually means Friday Fish Fries with creamy cold slaw and warm crispy fish topped with tangy tartar sauce. Ever wonder how those calories stack up? My advice: don’t look! Instead, try this lower calorie tartar sauce alternative with a toasty baked fish and a crisp green salad. Be sure to try this with our delicious fish bake recipe you’re sure to love!

Food Hero Recipe

Ingredients

1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt or nonfat sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped pickle or relish (sweet or dill)
2 teaspoons dried minced onion or 1 tablespoon minced fresh onion
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parlsey
1 teaspoon mustard
2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)

Directions

In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until used.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.

* For nutritional information, information about prep time, cooking time, and to adjust ingredients to particular serving sizes, please view this recipe on the Food Hero website here.

Be Sociable, Share!

3 Responses to “Food For Thought: Low-fat tartar sauce”

1. Thanks so much for giving everyone an extraordinarily nice opportunity to check tips from this web site. It is usually so cool and as well , packed with a great time for me personally and my office colleagues to search your web site at the least three times in a week to learn the fresh issues you will have. Not to mention, I am certainly fascinated with the sensational tactics served by you. Some 4 ideas in this article are honestly the best we have ever had.

2. I as well as my pals ended up checking out the nice helpful hints found on your website and the sudden developed a terrible suspicion I never expressed respect to the web site owner for them. All of the guys appeared to be stimulated to learn them and already have honestly been taking advantage of these things. I appreciate you for being really kind as well as for considering varieties of perfect subject matter millions of individuals are really needing to know about. My personal sincere regret for not expressing appreciation to you sooner.

3. Markus Marco says:

i love this website. learnt a lot from it. thnx