Skip navigation

Be Well.

Be Orange.

Type-1 Beavers

January 15th, 2013

Hello, my name is Samantha Cueva and I am a senior here at OSU majoring in Public Health: Health Promotion and Health Behavior.  I have been living with type-1 diabetes for the past 5 years, since I was 18.   Through my own personal struggles and triumphs as a college student with diabetes, I have found a passion for raising awareness and educating others about this disease.

I have partnered up with staff at Student Health Services to start a chapter on our campus with the national organization Students With Diabetes  We are launching a student-led organization this year called Type-1 Beavers that is focused on providing social support for college students living with type-1 diabetes.  Through monthly meetings, fun activities, and fundraising events, students will be provided with helpful information to better understand and manage their diabetes.  If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about the unique issues associated with this disease, or in becoming an advocate or supportive member for the diabetes community, all students and community members are welcome to join us!

If you have any related questions about the club or are a current OSU student interested in helping in the organization of Type-1 Beavers, please contact me at samantha.cueva@oregonstate.edu.

Best regards,

Samantha Cueva

Be Sociable, Share!