If you are looking for a switch-up from hummus, here is a different kind of bean dip to try. Black beans have a lot of fiber and protein, which helps satisfy you and keep you full. Try it with veggie sticks for a snack, so you don’t get too hungry between meals.
- For a smooth dip, place ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth OR for a chunky dip, mash beans well with a fork or potato masher, stir in remaining ingredients. Add additional liquid as needed for desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or pita wedges.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
* For nutritional information, information about prep time, cooking time, and to adjust ingredients to particular serving sizes, please view this recipe on the Food Hero website here.