- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 7″x11″ baking pan.
- Mix flour, salt, and soda together in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, oats, and spices.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture in the baking pan.
- Top with apple slices and sprinkle with sugar.
- Spread remaining crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Substitute ripe pears for apples
- Serve warm topped with frozen vanilla yogurt
* For nutritional information, information about prep time, cooking time, and to adjust ingredients to particular serving sizes, please view this recipe on the Food Hero website here.