Warm up as the weather cools down with this delicious, Asian-inspired meal. We all know that citrus fruits are a good source of vitamin C, but did you know that broccoli is packed with vitamin C as well? Go heavy on the broccoli to boost the vitamin C and fiber that this dish has to offer. It tastes great hot or cold, so bring it with you for lunch on days when you can’t seem to get to one of the many microwaves located throughout campus.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan or skillet. Add garlic and broccoli, and cook on medium until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until heated through.
- Add pasta and soy sauce mixture, and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
- Substitute diced tofu or a can of drained garbanzo beans for chicken.
- No broccoli? Use peas, green beans, or mixed veggies.
- Flavor boosters: red chili flakes, sliced green onions, and/or a teaspoon of sesame oil.
* For nutritional information, information about prep time, cooking time, and to adjust ingredients to particular serving sizes, please view this recipe on the Food Hero website here.