Settle into fall with this healthy, 15-minute soup! Stock up on your Vitamin A from orange sweet potatoes and pumpkin while getting a great source of fiber too! The garlic, curry, nutmeg and cumin are the perfect combination of spice and savory. Use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream to get an additional dose of those gut-friendly probiotics!
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, curry, cumin, nutmeg, and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sweet potato, chicken broth, water, and pumpkin and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is soft, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the milk until heated through (don’t boil).
- Ladle into bowls and top with 1/2 tablespoon low-fat sour cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
* For nutritional information, information about prep time, cooking time, and to adjust ingredients to particular serving sizes, please view this recipe on the Food Hero website here.