Now that the busyness of finals are over, it may not be such a dash to get out of the house in the morning. Savor your breakfast with this healthy version of a favorite comfort food- French toast. This recipe uses unsweetened apple sauce and whole wheat bread for added fiber. Top with summer-fresh berries and crunchy, Omega-3 packed walnuts for added nutrition and flavor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and applesauce. Mix well.
- Soak bread one slice at a time until mixture is slightly absorbed.
- Cook on lightly greased skillet or griddle over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
* For information about prep time, cooking time, and to adjust ingredients to particular serving sizes, please view this recipe on the Food Hero website here.
* Click on the image of the nutrition label for a larger picture.