Do you have 10 minutes and an oven? This meal is a tasty way to get your iron-packed greens and fiber rich bean protein. An added nutritional bonus: just one serving provides 90% of your needed Vitamin A for the entire day! Plus 4g of fiber and 15% of the recommended daily iron makes this meal nutritious and delicious!!!
8 ounces pasta (try penne)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
10 ounces frozen spinach
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large sauté pan or skillet. Add garlic and cook on low until soft.
3. Add spinach, tomatoes with juice, drained beans, salt, and pepper. When the mixture bubbles, cook gently (uncovered) for 5 minutes.
4. Add pasta and parmesan to spinach mixture. Toss well and serve.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
* Substitute cleaned and chopped fresh spinach (about 6 cups).
* Try other greens, such as swiss chard or kale. Be sure to clean greens well and cook them until soft.
Check out the recipe on the Food Hero website here!