Skip navigation

Be Well.

Be Orange.

Try a Physioball for FREE!

April 24th, 2012

BeWell student staff member Melinda Ingalls shares her thoughts on BeWell’s physioball initative.

Did you know that BeWell just began distributing physioballs as an alternative to office chairs?! Physioballs concentrate your core muscles while simultaneously working on your balance. Sitting on a physioball instead of a regular office chair forces your body to make adjustments in your postural muscles, abdominal muscles, leg muscles, and even works out your gluteus. You will be working all sorts of muscles (and barely noticing it!) while doing something as mundane as checking your emails in your office.

Another advantage of a physio ball is that there are multiple core and leg exercises you are able to perform within the comfort of your own office.  Whether you are doing a hamstring curl, a physioball wall sit, or just a regular sit-up on with the ball, you will find that this one tool can supply a diverse amount of exercises for each unique individual.

I have worked with BeWell to hand out physio balls to a few Oregon State faculty and staff. They are testing out the physioballs for one week to see if they enjoy the same comfort and support that we expect.  Faculty and Staff have been extremely eager to get their hands on a physioball, and after all these years sitting in an office chair, who can blame them?! We will continue to encourage people to give this item a test trial, and I think you will be surprised by how much more you enjoy sitting down to work (and to workout!) on a physioball.

BeWell Physioballs are available for anyone to try for up to a week, and then it’s up to you to decide if you want to keep one around the office and alternate the ball with your desk chair. We’ve heard from one faculty member that the ball has been very helpful in keeping her aligned. She tends to walk a lot, and has felt a little bit better doing it since she started to use the ball. We want to hear more feedback about physioballs, and we encourage you to try this fun alternative to enhance your overall health!

Interested in trying a Physioball for free? Contact Lisa Hoogesteger, director of Healthy Campus Initiatives, at lisa.hoogesteger@oregonstate.edu.

Be Sociable, Share!

18 Responses to “Try a Physioball for FREE!”

1. Shawn Barrett says:

I’d love to try a physioball for a week. Pls contact me or let me know how to get ahold of one. Shawn Barrett 7-3738

2. clevelsa says:

Great! We’ll contact you shortly to arrange delivery. Look for an email from Melinda.

3. Joy Jorgensen says:

May I try a physioball?
    7-6166

4. Susan Perkins says:

I’d like to try a physioball! 70916

5. Barb Hammar says:

Yes please. I would like to try a physioball … that would be great. 7-5997

6. Pat Sullivan says:

I would like to try a physioball please – 74536

7. Elaine Carda says:

I would love to try a physioball. Thank you

8. Anthony Long says:

Please sign me up. I am really interested.

9. Itsue Pfund says:

I would love to try a physioball. Please contact me at 7-2363 or via email. Thank you!

10. Maggie Neel says:

Please sign me up. Please contact me at 7-1981or via email. Thank you!

11. Terry Adams says:

I would love to try a physioball. Please contact me via e-mail to set up a time. Thank you.

12. Tim Hazzard says:

I would like to try the physioball. do we have options to buy one at the end of the trial? thanks.

13. Mary says:

Hi, This physioball sounds very interesting. Does anybody know if they are already out in retail? this will be a good addition for the therapeutic gadgets that we sell. thank you!