Week 4’s stress causing pizza brain? Try this cheesy favorite at home for a nutrient and veggie packed was to satisfy your craving! If oven access is a problem, first steam veggies in the microwave with 1 tsp water and a lid. Then cook pizza in microwave on low for 1 minute or until cheese bubbles.
Original recipe here: https://www.foodhero.org/recipes/my-personal-pizza
1/2 english muffin
1 tablespoon spaghetti or pizza sauce
1 tablespoon grated cheese
1 tablespoon chopped vegetables, fruits, or cooked meat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly toast English muffin.
- Spread with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce.
- Add cheese and pizza toppings of your choice.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until muffin is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
- Try a variety of fruits and vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, and tomato
- Add cut up cooked meat like chicken or sausage
- Try whole wheat English muffins for added fiber