Skip navigation

Be Well.

Be Orange.

Ode to a water fountain

August 12th, 2011

By Melinda Ingalls, Public Health Undergraduate

The moment it hit my lips I knew. This was the one I had been searching for; the one I could count on when times got really tough. I might visit you once, or bring you along with me to enjoy at my convenience throughout the day. Either way, the moment I tasted your tranquil perfection, I knew I had found the best water fountain in all of Corvallis.

You would think we would have become well acquainted earlier in my education, seeing how you are located in a brightly lit hallway of the very popular Dixon Rec center. Yet, I had found satisfaction in multiple other candidates that grew a place in my heart as I stomped the pavement of Oregon State University. These other water fountains are not to be disregarded simply because I found the most pure and refreshing water coming out of the most heavenly and beautiful silver nozzle I every laid eyes on. No, of course not.

After you see someone experience this fountain for the first time and step back with jaw dropping confusion, you know the secret is out, and they have realized what you realized long ago. There are some that embrace this fountain with such thirst they miss the beauty of it, and go on with their workout without recognizing the magic of the fountain. Like meeting someone famous and not realizing who they were until a few days later.

I can’t hold this secret in any longer, and I feel obligated to tell others about this water fountains majestic powers. I ask you to join with me and embrace the fact that Oregon State has many amazing water fountains, but there is one that tromps them all. The Dixon Rec. Center water fountain is the wind beneath my wings, the sun upon my skin, and most of all, the light that gets me through a rainy day. My words are simply words until you experience it yourself, and once you do, you will want to write something like this…

I used to pick Coke before I met you,

I used to drink one a day, maybe even two,

Now I have this water that brings me a smile,

You make me feel things I haven’t felt in a while,

I don’t need to waste a dollar when you’re right there,

Gatorade and Power aid? I would not Dare,

You lift me up when I’m feelin’ low,

It’s the best water fountain on earth and that’s fo’ sho’.

Be Sociable, Share!

One Response to “Ode to a water fountain”

1. Sierra says:

It really is THE BEST. 10/10 for consistency, flow, temperature. It’s a godsend.