« | »

Be orange. Be Passionate

Posted March 21st, 2014 by wallisn

To me being orange is all about showing your passion for doing things well and being enthusiastic about the things you put effort into. I think being passionate is an important virtue of many Oregon State students. Students like to show up to sporting events, especially football, to support their school because they are passionate about being a part of OSU and want to see the teams do well in their endeavors. Students also put a lot of effort into clubs and organizations on campus. There are many groups of all kinds that meet regularly and do things that they love. From chess club to the pre-med or even gaming club there is a way for everybody to show what they care and are passionate about. Students at Oregon State are also passionate about Oregon in general and how its such a cool state to live in. We celebrate all the trees and are OK with it when the weather decides to give us a straight week of rain, we embrace the northwest and do our best to take care of the environment. On campus there are many places where you can recycle things like bottles or paper or whatever and I like to think that everyone remembers to recycle all the time. I know that this probably is not the case but most people remember most of the time and that is what counts. As a group of students we are passionate about the environment and care about how our campus looks and want the best for the future students and that is a wonderful thing.

Personally I feel like I put a lot of passion into the things I do and the projects that I start. I try to be the best person I can be and to put 100% into everything that I do. Whether it is homework, or volunteering, or just making friendships I put effort in to make sure that I am successful. I am passionate about many things in my life and this is part of what makes me Orange and a positive part of the OSU community.

I want being orange to mean being passionate about the things that you do because when you care a lot about something, you put in a lot of effort and usually are more likely to meet your goals. If everyone is passionate about making Oregon State an awesome place to be then it will be a cool place to be. People just need to believe in themselves and know that they can make things better if they put in the time and effort. If people are passionate and caring then there is so much potential for wonderful things to happen. Being orange is a good thing and I know that the students here are awesome and can make wonderful things happen when they put their minds to it. People are capable of more than they give themselves credit for and hopefully being in a community of passionate people will help inspire new students to be passionate about the things they do as well. That way this web of passion and positivity can spread and affect peoples lives for the better.

One Response to “Be orange. Be Passionate”

1. bulloccl Says:

I am glad to hear that you have been able to adapt to the school so well. Some of the other students have not had a smooth transition as you have. I am glad to see that you think that OSU is taking the proper steps toward sustainability.

I hope that you will be able to leave a lasting impression on the world and carry with you all of the values that you have developed here.