Pinterest has taken the world by storm. Pinterest is a place where one can organize one’s likes and hope and dreams and wishes via pictures. Every interest you have can be organized onto different boards called Pinboards.
According to Pinterest’s mission statement, Pinterest is a way to “connect everyone in the world through the ‘things’ they find interesting.”
In this module you will be learning how to make a new board and add your very own interest to said board. Make Pinterest your own and learn tips and pinning etiquette.
In order to first start a Pinterest all one needs is a computer with the internet, an e-mail address, preferably one with a facebook or twitter account linked to it, since to start a Pinterest one needs either an invitation or a facebook or twitter.
Now when pinning one also needs a lot of time and plenty of battery if you are on a laptop. These things are necessary because Pinterest can be quite addicting.
Pinterest is a fairly new website on the internet. According to Wikipedia, it was invented in March 2010 by Ben Silbermann of West Des Moines, Iowa. Pinterest is primarily used by women, although there men on there as well.
The Pinterest webpage has some information on how to get started, and details about the inter workings of Pinterest.
I personally became a member of Pinterest June of 2011, I had heard a little bit about it found it interesting, but frankly I was little bit confused about what it was and how to use it. When I was on break from school here in Germany and my boyfriend was at work all day, I had run out of TV shows to watch, so I decided it was a great time to start my Pinterest. The first time I typed it into the Google search engine, I typed Pininterest, which of course was wrong and I soon learned the correct way of spelling and saying Pinterest.
Alright let’s get down to business. How to make and fill a Pinboard in 10 easy steps! You can also go to the visual page if you are a visual learner
- Go to pinterest.com and click on the red login button
- Log-in. Or request an invite. Remember if you have a facebook or twitter just type that in and you will be signed right in!
- Click on the Everything tab under the Pinterest logo and choose a category
- Once a category is chosen, you will be shown a page of pictures that apply to that category.
- Scroll through the pictures and once you find one you like, you can either A. Repin or B. Comment or C. Like
- Click Repin
- Click on the pinboard that the pin would be automatically pinned on and scroll to the bottom where it says create new board.
- Make a name for your new board.
- Once you have made a new board for the pin to be pinned onto make sure you change the description slightly to make it apply to you and make it your own. Then click the red Pin it button. Voila! You have made a board and have your first pin in it!
- Now continue to search for other items to be put into the board you just made! or make a new board with a new picture!
If you want more information go to the Pinterest help page there are many more tutorials there and also the Pinterest etiquette, which I find very necessary and helpful. I also want to add one little bit of Etiquette. When repinning something from Pinterest and not a 3rd party website please be sure to make the description your own. For instance one of my friends repinned a picture of a nursery and wrote something along the lines of ’for my baby boy who is coming in March his big sister is so excited!’ First I thought woah how did she get so pregnant so quick, and then I thought, wait she doesn’t have a girl. It was all very misleading.
This page has the following sub pages.