Most Important Thing You’ve Learned

I have spent a fruitful spring term for studying Recruitment and Selection course and it is a really interesting and useful course that teach us some real techniques to apply in real business settings. As my major is Human Resources Management so I plan to work in the Human Resources field after graduation. This course really gives me a better understanding about recruitment and selection skills.

What is the most important thing that you learned in this class?

I think the most important thing that I have learned in this class is designing recruitment advertisements and evaluating recruitment strategies. In my opinion, creating an eye-catching recruitment advertisement is important as it determined how much candidates can we receive from different places such as websites or job fairs. After I have graduated from university, I can apply the knowledge from this topic to my future job in order to design a nearly perfect job advertisement to attract more candidates to apply my company. When the interviewer asks how can I add value to this company then I can provide these knowledge and skills to him or her in order to increase my competitive advantage.

As a company needs to recruit the best and talented employee to increase the company’s profit so an effective job advertisement is important to receive a pool of candidates and we can choose from the pool and select the most suitable person to onboard. It is important to give a brief job description and salary information and background information of the company. Also, I have learnt to avoid information that is “too good to be true”. After posting recruitment advertisements then it is important to select candidates carefully and preciously. We cannot use a huge amount of money to hire a unsatisfied candidate so we can use different strategies that we have learnt in this week to select the best candidate.

2 replies on “Most Important Thing You’ve Learned”

Hey Shuk,

I also enjoyed learning about effective recruitment advertisements. I agree that it is important to include a salary range and information on the company. In order to attract good candidates for a position, a job ad has to give enough detail on the job description so people who are applying actually have the qualifications. Thank you for sharing!

I agree that knowing how job advertisements work is very important. It is important both as a recruiter and as a potential applicant because you need to know how to market the position you want to fill and how to recognize what information is real and what is filler when applying. I think it takes a lot of experience to be able to tell what is “too good to be true” in an ad, but this class helped give us some experience to be able to recognize it.