IPIP Results & Reactions

After I have took the IPIP test, I found it is quite similar to how I think myself. For the first characteristic, extraversion, I got an average mark(48) in this test which shows that I am neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox and I enjoy time with others but also time alone. It is true that sometimes I want to be alone when I got some messy problems or sadness then I would like to sit down and daydream to come out the solutions. For the second characteristic, agreeableness, I got an average mark(47) in this test which shows that I have some concern with others’ Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice myself for others. I do not want to sacrifice anyone including myself to help people to achieve their goals but I would like to corporate together to finish it. For the third characteristic, consciousness, I got a low mark(19) in this test which shows that I live for the moment and do what feels good now and my work tends to be careless and disorganised. Living for the moment is my attitude to my life as I cannot know what will happen in the next moment so just do what I want and love will make myself feel happy and blessed. For the fourth characteristic, neuroticism, I got an average mark(40) in this test which shows that my level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to me, but I am generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations. For the final characteristic, openness to experience, I got an average mark(40) in this test which shows that I enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things and my thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others I appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual. The test is true to me and accurate.

From an employer perspective, I think my personality can sometimes bring value to the company. I am average in every parts except consciousness which indicates that sometimes I am careless but I am a fast-learning person and I am willing to learn with my passion. Also, I am a talkative and cheerful person so I can bring joy to the colleagues to increase morale. Furthermore, I can notice people’s needs and emotions quickly so I can give a helping hand to them in a friendly way. My personality is go to build a friendly and joyful team setting as I trust my team and colleagues. I think I have to improve my organisation skills which I should manage my things in a more organising way such as writing down a to-do list everyday and prioritise them according to the emergencies. After that, I can be more value added to a company.

One reply on “IPIP Results & Reactions”

Hi Andrea,
I think it is really interesting how you got a lot of average scores while taking this test. I only had an average score in extraversion and had high or low scores in everything else. I’m glad you felt like it represented you when you took it! I agree that this test shows that you would be a valuable employee to your future employers.