The purpose of this policy is to reduce the amount of waste associated with the 2017 International Master Gardener Conference and Trade Show. Certain materials are prohibited from being brought into the Oregon Convention Center. Other materials are allowed in the building, but must be removed upon move-out. Please make sure you have read and understand the Waste Diversion Policy for the 2017 International Master Gardener Conference.
Items that are PROHIBITED from being brought into the Oregon Convention Center:
- Any hazardous substance or item containing a hazardous substance
- Any signage that cannot be recycled, or reused excluding decals or window clings
- Foam core signage
- Helium balloons
- Single use plastic bags used for purchases and conference bags provided by show management or vendors to collect show items
Items which are allowed, but must be removed upon Exhibitor move-out.
- Banners (vinyl)
- Electronics, furniture or equipment
- Carpet, carpet scraps or carpet padding
- Items that are unable to be donated, such as plaques or trophies
Exhibitors MUST ensure that the following recycled items are placed in proper receptacles, upon move-in and upon move-out.
- cardboard boxes and signs
- construction debris
- glass containers
- plastic film and shrink wrap
- plastic containers, pots and bucks
- plants, trees and yard debris****
- metal containers
- scrap metal
- vinyl tablecloths
***recycled / composted plants, trees and yard debris require pre-approval from 2017 IMGC organizers